NIK A RAMLI MUSIC COLLECTION

For everyone who loves music...

Welcome and thank you for visiting.

To my blog visitors, I thank you for your support.

My ‘... Music Collection’ blog was created on 19 April 2012. This replaces the previous official site nikaramlimusic.com which was live on the 6 May 2008. This site is to share my love for music with anyone who is interested in the subject.

Feel free to drop by and read some of my music topics and if you have a little time My Playlist is updated each month. So, don't be shy, come, and say hello.

For my complete music collection and written topics go to the CONTENTS page.


Friday

DONNA SUMMER 31 Dec 1948 - 17 May 2012 'WE WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU'




As I was inviting people to my DONNA SUMMER book launch, I heard the news from a friend. I couldn't believe it but within minutes people were asking the question, disbelieving, on my Donna Summer group page. 

I called her NYC attorney and received an email at 5.54pm confirming the news.




I'm shocked & saddened beyond words. I know that fans all over the world share the sorrow at this terrible news and I know that their thoughts and prayers go out to her family. 

Her music has given pleasure to millions of people around the world over four decades. ‘Love To Love You Baby’, ‘I Feel Love’ and ‘This Time I Know It’s For Real’, to mention just a few, are a part of the story of many peoples lives.




I feel so sad that Donna didn’t have a chance to see my tribute book to her. That I have worked for so long to celebrate her creativity and success is a tribute to her influence and appeal.

Donna Summer, a creative star who thrilled music lovers the world over, will live on in her music and in our hearts. She will be sorely missed by so many people.


Nik A Ramli


17th May 2012, 10.45 pm







NOTE:

Layout updated 29 August 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment