NIK A RAMLI MUSIC COLLECTION

For everyone who loves music...

Welcome and thank you for visiting.

To my blog visitors, I thank you for your support.

My ‘... Music Collection’ blog was created on 19 April 2012. This replaces the previous official site nikaramlimusic.com which was live on the 6 May 2008. This site is to share my love for music with anyone who is interested in the subject.

Feel free to drop by and read some of my music topics and if you have a little time My Playlist is updated each month. So, don't be shy, come, and say hello.

For my complete music collection and written topics go to the CONTENTS page.


Thursday

SHHH... NIK'S ANTHOLOGY '75 - '95

TALES FROM THE HEART
...MY SELECTED SONGS





I have been thinking about this for a long time. It started when I first bought The Donna Summer Anthology album. I've decided to compile a selection of my songs that bring back memories for me!





For the actual tape, I've edited some of the original songs for a shorter or extended play time, also adding some sound effects taken from other songs/albums that I have. Strange? YES, but not to me! I recorded the tracks (JUST for me) into a double cassette, but I did not design any sleeve cover or a sketch (just an idea in my head). By now, the idea has flown away!





The idea of compiling some of the songs I listen to may be a great idea (to oneself), but the sound quality is, shall I say, not very professional. I recorded the songs from tape to tape (only 65 songs in X 2 of AD120 TDK acoustic dynamic cassette). The selections of songs shown here are a bit biased. One can't show all songs that have brought something special into one's life, right?

The songs from the WORLD section include Bollywood soundtracks and music from many other countries, and some of my favourite pop songs are not in the tape. However, while I'm updating the notes here, on a beautiful fresh Summer morning on Sunday (29 May 2011), 'WET' weather of the UK (30 May 2011) and another free day (13 June 2011), I've decided to add some titles that would be interesting to share, listed as 'list re-added' or 'list added'. Why not?

The song or video clips shown here are all taken from the YouTube site. I'm such a fanatic about music. Or am I just simply a nerd? Who cares! I'm the only one, perhaps, reading and viewing this site. But if somebody, anybody, comes across this site and page, so this is it!

The tale begins...



1975

1) KU INGIN SELALU DI SAMPING MU (I LONG TO BE WITH YOU ALWAYS) 

2) KAULAH MILIK HATI KU (YOU BELONG TO ME)

3) TANGISAN SEMALAM (LAST NIGHT'S CRY)

4) DI MANA KAH DIA (WHERE ARE YOU) by UJI RASHID (recorded as a medley RIPRISE 95 for my home tape)

The first EP I bought, with my own money, was given to me during the EID celebration. Imagine it at five years old! It was such an ecstatic moment! It's my EP found of the songs and the singer! I used to sing all four tracks and play it all the time. However, it was also the song KU INGIN SELALU DI SAMPING MU (I LONG TO BE WITH YOU ALWAYS) that my mother played regularly when my father had been posted to The Philippines to work and did his MA Degree circa 1976. Lastly, enjoy the song from YouTube, a slow tune from the EP titled TANGISAN SEMALAM (LAST NIGHT'S CRY).










5) BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY by THE FOUR SEASONS (list added 30 May 2011)

I love this fun and catchy tune from the 60's. Listening to this song brought a lot of great memories. My mother used to play the compilation LP now and then! As a little boy, I just adored the sound and looking, staring at the LP spinning and spinning on the turn table.




1976

6) YEH RAATEIN NAYI PURANI by BOLLYWOOD JULIE SOUNDTRACK (list added 13 June 2011)

I remember the time as a little boy, sitting in front of the record player, listening to my mother's LPs.




7) KISAH NAN LALU (STORY OF THE DISTANT PAST) by SHARIFAH AINI (recorded as HUJAN MIX 95 for my home tape)

I used to sing this song when I was little in a car once my parents stopped playing their cassettes in the car. My parents would smile, and my mother, from time to time, would turn her head and look at me and my sister. Maybe she said SHUT UP in her heart? Ha ha ha.





8) NIGHT IN LONDON by BOLLYWOOD NIGHT IN LONDON SOUNDTRACK (list added 29 May 2011)

I remember my mother used to play this EP. It was my auntie's collection. When she bought a brand new HI-FI system, she gave her old player to my mother, including her EP's collection. I loved the track NIGHT IN LONDON... ( see YouTube for the song )


1977

9) NAMA MU TERUKHIR DI HATI KU (YOUR NAME IS IN MY HEART) by UJI RASHID

What can I say? I Love the song. I recalled a long time ago with my cousin, I recorded our voices in the bathroom to get a similar effect of the recording! Ha ha ha, those were the days.




1978

10) I'M A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY AND I'M A LITTLE BIT ROCK AND ROLL by DONNY and MARIE (recorded as ABDUL'S OLD SHORT VERSION 95 for my home tape)

WOW... I like this duo. They were so popular in the 1970s. I enjoy watching their weekly TV show at that time. Every Saturday night, I would wait in front of the TV to watch their show.




1979

11) JOHNNY GUITAR by THE SPOTNICKS (list added 13 JUNE 2011)

I love this tune from my mother's LP titled HAPPY GUITAR





12) VOULEZ-VOUS by ABBA

The euro-pop sounds of ABBA were so popular globally once. This song is one pop classic that the group had released. I still have the same thrill when I listen to it. They remain one of my favourite bands to date.




1980

13) SEMAKIN HARI SEMAKIN SAYANG (EACH DAY I LOVE YOU MORE) by UJI RASHID

'IT'S MY DAY' I don't have the date... But I remember it was one Sunday afternoon at an area called Lucky Garden. My parents bought me this unofficial cassette entitled ALBUM KENAMAAN (a compilation of hits) by UJI RASHID. I was so excited. Not only because of the album, but my parents also bought me some beautiful fish added to my aquarium. Now I'm older, I remember while I was writing this, it was one of my happiest days! We arrived home, and one of my sisters, Cha, said, "Wow... it's your day". Ooooh YES...



14) KU KEJAR BAYANGAN MU (I'M CHASING YOUR SHADOW) by UJI RASHID & HAIL AMIR

I wanted the album for so long, begging my mother to buy the LP. Finally, after a few tantrums, I had to behave nicely to get my request. FINALLY, the 'queen' of the house agreed to get the album. Saturday evening at 7.00 my parents bought it at our local record shop called Mr. Yap. HAPPY AT LAST!



1981

15) LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY by DONNA SUMMER

I love this song. Sexy. It has that WOW factor. My sister recorded the album  ON THE RADIO GREATEST HITS VOLUMES I & II on tape for me.




16) CINTA PALSU (FAKE LOVE) by QUINARY M

Finally, I got hold of the LP on Sunday at a Lucky Garden record shop. Well, my mum bought it! I often sing to the melody. My brother bought the cassette in 1980 and often played it in the middle of the night after he finished studying and just before bed. So, he introduced me to the singer and fancied the lead singer during that time.





17) BERSABAR KALAU BERCINTA (BE PATIENT IF YOU'RE IN LOVE) by THE QUEENS (recorded as BERCINTA REPRISE 95 for my home tape)

Finally, after one year since I first watched a TV show featuring the two sisters singing two tracks, I got my father to buy me the record at a music shop called Horizon in Jaya Supermarket.





18) TERBANG HELANG (FLY EAGLE) by SHARIFAH AINI

I wanted the LP so much. The song was so popular in Malaysia when it was released. Shall I say it still sounds good to date? One afternoon, my mother and my sister went out, and when they returned home, I opened the door. I was surprised. My sister held the LP and showed it to my face! YA HOOOOO. I got it, I got it. The date was 31 October 1981.




19) SUPER TROUPER by ABBA

The cassette was a gift to me from my brother. The first time I heard the song was on the radio and, as it was a popular playlist, I often heard it even from my neighbour's house. It's a beautiful catch melody!




20) MERE NASEEM MEIN by BOLLYWOOD NASEEB SOUNDTRACK (list added 29 May 2011)

It all started one afternoon after school. My mother took me and my sister to watch the film at the Sentosa Cinema. It's a typical Hindi film story line, representing the love triangle and greed. And also the soundtracks! MERE NASEEM MEIN, JOHN JANI JANARDHAN and others... it was fun to listen to. ( See YouTube for the song )


1982

21) RAHSIA HATI (MY HEART'S SECRET) by SHARIFAH AINI (recorded as 95 ULANG 1/2 VERSION for my home tape)

Another gift from my brother. He bought the LP with his scholarship money. I remember he said he'd buy one of my choice and one for the family's flavour. It was the very last school day. RAHSIAN HATI (MY HEART'S SECRET) starts the B-side LP. What a great tune! Do you want to know my 'HEART'S' secret? OK... I always hated school!





22) LIKU CINTA (LOVE BENDS) by ROY and FRAN (recorded as RIPRISE 95 for my home tape)

Oh my, Oh my, OH MY GOD! What an excellent tune. Do you know what I had to do to obtain this LP? Within one day, I had to memorise Doa Qunut, a morning 'prayer reading' in Arabic. HELP! Long gone was the 'tantrum' behaviour. Now I need to behave. My father said if I could read the prayer to him, the LP would be mine. So, I know this is the only way. Oh, YES, I got it the same day.




1983

23) MERPATI (PIGEON) by UJI RASHID (recorded as 95 MERPATI REPRISE for my home tape)

YA HOOOOoooo. I first recorded the song on the radio. A week later, I got the LP. It was (kind of) an early EID celebration gift. My father took me and bought the LP at a Horizon music store in Jaya Supermarket, Malaysia.




24) SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY by DONNA SUMMER

25) HEAD OVER HEALS by ABBA

I bought the two cassettes, 'SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY' (Donna Summer) and THE VISITORS (Abba), on a Friday during the last 1983 school term. I walked from school to Mr Yap's shop - out of behaviour for me to walk from school to a music shop. I was a homely boy, a home kind of a boy. For the LOVE of music, I just got to do it.







1984

26) BEAT IT by MICHAEL JACKSON (recorded as 95 ASSASSIN REPRISE MIX for my home tape)

One of my sisters went to America to study in 1982. She came home for the Summer holiday, and the LP by Michael Jackson, 'THRILLER' was a gift to me. Well, I requested it! Poor sister had to get me the LP with her student money, but I thanked her. I still remember the smell of a fresh LP opened from its sealed packaging - lovers of LPs will know what I'm talking about here.






1985

27) AKU HANYA SEORANG PENDATANG (I'M JUST AN IMMIGRANT) by FRAN (list added 13 June 2011)

Fantastic voice and a great song. From a beautiful friend of mine. I love the track and the album.


 


28) DINO (DINO) by UJI RASHID

HAPPY! I longed to get hold of this song and album. After five years of waiting and wishing, FINALLY, my dream came true on the 28 July 1985.



29) SAVE A PRAYER by DURAN DURAN

30) LOVE IS IN CONTROL (FINGER ON THE TRIGGER) by DONNA SUMMER

All I remember was after school, with two friends (Noridah and Normadiah) still in our school uniform, we took a No.50 bus to a shopping mall called Jaya Supermarket. I was too 'chicken' to go there on my own! I do not know how to take a public bus. Ha ha ha, so my friends accompanied me to my destination. So I could purchase the LP by Duran Duran called ARENA and Donna Summer's self-titled album.






31) TAKE ON ME by A-HA

It was one of my first 7" singles from the UK, from my sister who studied there. My sister did not return home for a holiday that Summer. So, her friend came to our house and passed over her gift. Oh course. I love all the singles. 'TAKE ON ME' stood the most. A-HA became one of my favourite bands from that moment.




32) RINTIHAN RASA (FEELING OF SADNESS) by UJI RASHID and D J DAVE

The first recording of this great tune was on the radio sometime in 1982! But on 3 November 1985, I finally got the original song, featured in various artists' cassettes. It was also the day I bought my VERY FIRST WALKMAN! Yey.



1986

33) AKU INGIN DEKAT PADA MU (I WANT TO BE CLOSE TO YOU) by MAZUIN HAMZAH (recorded as ABDUL'S SIMPLE DRUM MIX for my home tape)

One evening, I bought a cassette titled TERBANG LAH KAU BURUNG (A BIRD IS FLYING) by Mazuin at Jaya Jusco, a departmental store in our area. At the same time, there was a funfair. When I went on the 'big wheel', I sat with a famous Malaysian sports figure named Mumtaz Jaafar. She was lovely. I went to the same school as Jaafar's sister. Of course, her sister and I knew one another during that time.





34) PAPA DON'T PREACH by MADONNA (recorded as 95 TWO IN ONE LONG VERSION for my home tape)

One popular song by the Queen Of Pop! It was (kind of) trendy for any young music-buying market to listen to Madonna at that time. I'm one of many fans that enjoy this track. I bought the cassette TRUE BLUE in Fajar supermarket on 13 September 1986.





35) DANCING ON THE CEILING by LIONEL RICHIE

Ooh La Laa! It's a FREE tape! OK, I don't remember the actual event dated 13 September 1986, but all I remember is when I wanted to pay for the cassette, I saw that money to the value of about 10.00 or 20.00 RM was on the payout desk. The cash could have been mine. I was still opening my wallet when the cashier took the money from the desk and gave me the cassette. Oops. NOW, only GOD will know the truth. If I was ever in the wrong, GOD, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!




36) CHERI CHERI LADY by MODERN TALKING (list added 13 June 2011)

I love this group and all their records. This song, LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE, is taken from their second album. I bought it on 4 October 1986.




37) PENGEMIS MUDA (THE YOUNG BEGGAR) by Sheila Majid

This song was played at school during a party to say 'goodbye' to all the new training teachers taught at my school. I love the melody and the beat of the song.





1987

38) THE FINAL COUNTDOWN by EUROPE (recorded as AFA'S NO1 REPRISE 88)

The track was a popular pop-rock tune at that time. My sister recorded the song for me in one of the homemade compilation tapes she posted from the United Kingdom.




39) FANTASIA BULAN MADU (FANTASY OF THE HONEYMOON) by SEARCH

Rock took the Malaysian music industry by storm in the late 1980s. All we heard on the radio was rock tunes. This song is by one of the biggest rock bands in Malaysia and is one of their best hits. I still love the song to date. But not known by many of the band's fans, the person who produced the track used to live across from my parent's house. Once in a while, he played the piano and sang the song with his late wife. They brought a different feel to the track. A pop ballad! Wow, now that's what I called - melody.




40) RIVIVAL by MAYUMI ITSUWA (list added 29 May 2011)

I love this song. It has a soothing melody by one of Japan's top stars. I first listened to the song at a workplace where the music department used to play the tune. It's sad, romantic and evergreen. I don't understand the words. But music is a universal language. It brought a lot of memories of listening to this song. It was a great time when me and my friends worked in a departmental store while waiting for our final high school results.




1988

41) I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY (WHO LOVES ME) by WHITNEY HOUSTON (recorded as 95 DANCE (2) 12" REMIX REPRISE for my home tape)

Who would not LOVE this song? A hit song, Whitney Houston was at her best. I love the track, and the 12" sounds even better for the dance floor club lovers. 'I WANNA DANCE...' was the first song I danced to at a work party event where I used to work while waiting for my final high school result called Jaya Jusco. We all danced to the song one Sunday evening on 24 February 1988.




42) HINGGA KE AKHIR WAKTU (UNTIL THE END OF TIME) by FRAN (recorded as 95 REPRISE for my home tape)

It was 7 August 1988, a Sunday, when I bought the cassette. I also went to the departmental store's DJ booth in Jaya Jusco and dedicated the song to my parents and sister.





43) RINDU KU SEMAKIN MENDALAM (MY LOVE IS DEEPER) by UJI RASHID (recorded as 95 RINDU LONG 1/2 MIX for my home tape)

The first time I heard the long-awaited song by a Malaysian songstress called Uji Rashid was on the radio. Long after the release, I bought the album at a record shop in Lucky Garden. It was the shop where I got my first EP and the singer's first EP in 1975! Can you believe that? And the cassette also was the last I bought from that shop. (The song is not on YouTube).


1989

44) TITIK BERMULA (THE BEGINNING) by RAJA EMA (recorded as 95 BERMULAH KISAH MIX for my home tape)

Nice tune and lyrics. I played this song as my 19th birthday song.




45) THIS TIME I KNOW IT'S FOR REAL by DONNA SUMMER (recorded as 12" REMIX 95 RIPRISE for my home tape)

Finally, what I've been waiting for. I finally got to see the video! Well, it was during a 'fasting' season. So, I had to pray in the mosque shorter than usual. My idea was to drive my car there rather than following my parents. This way, I could leave the prayer and hop up in the car - GO HOME to record the video from a show called The Chart Attack. Ya, Hooooo.





1990

46) FENOMENA (PHENOMENON) by SEARCH

One of my favourite songs.





1991

47) ANTARA MATA MU DAN MATA KU (BETWEEN YOUR EYES AND MY EYES) by UJI RASHID and HAIL AMIR

I'm loving every minute of this song. I bought the cassette on 2 July 1991, a re-released tape for the EMI 25th Anniversary. A few months before I moved to the UK, I worked in the Federal Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. I managed Jim Thompson, the Gift Centre shop in the hotel. I played it so loud until one day, one of the managers happened to pass by and gave a sign to quieten it down. Ops







48) EVERYBODY'S FREE TO FEEL GOOD by ROZALLA (recorded as LONDON 95 BELL MIX for my home tape)

49) LOVE TO HATE YOU by EREASURE

These two songs were so popular on the radio. I first moved to the UK and often heard them on the radio. But I didn't know the names of the singers. Until one of the students in my college told me who the singers were. The songs are nostalgic for me. They reminded me of when I moved and started a new life in the UK.









50) I BELONG TO YOU by WHITNEY HOUSTON (recorded as YORK 95 REPRISE for my home tape)



 


51) HAPPY TOGETHER by JASON DONAVON (recorded as YORK 95 REPRISE for my home tape)

52) OYE MI CANTO (HEAR MY VOICE) by GLORIA ESTEFAN (recorded as YORK BELL 95 12" REMIX REPRISE for my home tape)

The three cassette singles I first obtained when I moved to the UK. It was a free voucher given from Barclays Bank to their new client. I got it with some friends at Our Price record shop during a college trip to York on the 5 October 1991. I must say, I thought the Whitney and Jason Donavon single came with remixes! But most cassette single does not come with any extra remixes. Only Gloria Estefan's titled THE 12" TAPES single was produced, with remixes of her hits.



  

1992

53) WORK THAT MAGIC by DONNA SUMMER

My first Donna Summer cassette in the UK! I love the album MISTAKEN IDENTITY. 'Work That Magic' is my favourite tune... as it's not a CD or LP, I had to rewind the tape many times to hear this particular track! I LOVE it so much up to the present day.




54) E=MC2 by BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE (recorded as 95 REPRISE for my home tape)

This home recording tape was given to me by a friend named Mark. I love the selection he recorded. The song 'E=MC2' stood in my mind as I used to play it during the Easter holiday.




55) GUBAHAN RINDU PUISI SYAHDU (A COMPOSITION OF A ROMANTIC POEM) by FAUZIAH LATIFF (recorded as TALIFON 95 MIX for my home tape)

I love this song.




56) IT'S MY LIFE by DR ALBAN

The song I danced to in a club! LOVE IT.




57) EROTICA by MADONNA (recorded as 95 CALAR MIX for my home tape)

I bought this cassette with my college friends Grovender and Parish on my way home to my student hall. I often played the song while getting ready to go clubbing every Friday and Saturday night. At times for the student night! I used to put it on my Walkman on the way to work to Providen after college.





58) SOMEDAY I'M COMING BACK by LISA STANDFIELD

This song was a hit. I recalled that winter feeling in Bradford, the Christmas holiday, remembering the time getting ready for work at Providen with some friends.





1993

59) LOVE HOUSE by SAMANTHA FOX

While I, Khairol, Sam, Dina, Paula and Lynn busied ourselves dancing to this tune at Cecil Avenue home, suddenly we heard a knock on the wall (we think). So, we thought the neighbour must have complained about the loud music. But the 'knocking door' sound we heard was on the song! We had great times as students.





60) ALL MY LOVING by LOS MANOLOS (list added 30 May 2011)

I bought this cassette on 3 February 1993, during my college trip to BENIDORM! YEP, that's the place. What was it like? Eeemm, it was OK! This song always reminded me about the trip - study and party. At one time, I and some friends went clubbing from 11.00 pm to 8.00 am! It was a new experience for me back at the time.





61) COULD YOU BE LOVED by BOB MARLEY (list added 30 May 2011)

During a study trip to Benidom, Spain, I followed friends to Benidom's local bars and pubs. Interestingly, pubs played a lot of Bob Marley's songs. So I asked a friend, Lee from college, about the song and the singer. Since that very moment, I become a fan of Bob Marley.





62) I'M EVERYWOMEN by WHITNEY HOUSTON (recorded as 95 1/2 LONG VERSION for my home tape)

At times, I danced to the song in a club, sometimes with Liz in her room, and sometimes with Khairol in his shared house. We used to dance on his bed as his room was small. A neighbour across the road always peeped at us while he cooked in the kitchen (he's a fellow student also). So, ONCE he was so occupied watching us dancing, his stove caught FIRE! Ha ha ha.




63) I'M A JAIMAICAN IN NEW YORK by SHINEHEAD

I LOVE THIS TRACK. I first heard this song in Satya's room in McMillan Hall Of Residence, a good friend I met in Bradford.




64) ONE NIGHT IN HEAVEN by M PEOPLE (list added 13 June 2011)

Do you want to dance with me? If it is YES, I'll take you to HEAVEN.





65) I CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU by UB40 (recorded as 95 SHORT VERSION for my home tape)

66) STAY by KENNY THOMAS

Two tracks that always reminded me of summertime in Cecil Avenue between June and July. I had to rent one of the rooms in the house as I had missed the flight home in August. Due to the last-minute ticket booking, there weren't any flights to Malaysia until July. I bought both singles on the 7 July 1993.








67) FEELING GOOD by NINA SIMONE (recorded as GETTING NINA 95 MIX for my home tape)

68) HERE COMES THE SUN by NINA SIMONE (recorded as GOOD BYE NINA 95 MIX for my home tape)

I watched the remake of a French film titled 'THE ASSASSIN' in Bradford, Odeon Cinema, on Wednesday 7 July 1993. Instantly, I fell in love with the soundtrack and Nina Simone. I knew I was moving to Leicester in September, away from my friends. So, 'HERE COMES THE SUN' and 'I'M FEELING GOOD' were (kind of) my new life soundtrack. This film soundtrack also opened a new musical horizon for me called JAZZ.






 69) AKU SEBUTIR PASIR (I'M A GRAIN OF SAND) by FAUZIAH LATIFF

My song, I guess (at) that time.






1994

70) I'M A RAINBOW by DONNA SUMMER

This track from THE DONNA SUMMER ANTHOLOGY was my first CD. I bought it with Adrian and Sophie at MG Records on Friday at 11.50 am, 21 January 1994. Finally, I can hear the unreleased tracks by Donna Summer and the long-awaited 'CARRY ON'! (Please note: the track 'Carry On' has been deleted from my home tape)




71) WHAT IS LOVE by HADDAWAY (list re-added 29 May 2011 this song was deleted from the home tape. It was replace with Without You by Mariah Carey)

The original notes for this track were one of the sweetest memories on 16 June 1994 at 1.45 am until 12 July at 3.45 am. Aaaaheemmmm! Well, well, I wonder what that was!




72) WITHOUT YOU by MARIAH CAREY

She was popular at this time. She covered a song from a 1970s hit. Somehow, I love how Mariah Carey used her vocals in this song.




73) YOUR THE BEST THING by D:REAM

You know what? I still love this song. It (really) brought back memories of weekends away to visit my friends in Bradford for Easter break.




74) ANGGAPAN MU (YOUR PRESUMPTIONS) by ZIANA ZAIN (list re-added 28 May 2011 this song was deleted from the home tape. It was replace with YOU'RE THE BEST THING by D:REAM)

My favourite song at the time. I saw the film SEMBILU (which) featured the actress who performed this track. I watched the movie in the capital city of Malaysia. In one of the cinemas in Central Market, 22 August 1994 at 3.30 pm, with my friends, Narreque and Sam during my Summer vacation





75) YOU DON'T LOVE ME (NO, NO, NO) by DAWN PENN (list added 13 June 2011)

I enjoy every minute of the song. I finally shouted IT'S MINE in my heart on the 14 December 1994 after searching for it 'high & low' at every record shop in my town. I could not find or order the single because it was no longer on the British music chart. 





1995

76) WARNA (COLOUR) by SHEILA MAJID

I love this 'modern' Malaysian jazz composition released in 1988. The notes here stated it was my first Malaysian CD posted by my father. But I can't recall which album it was from.




77) MENTERA SEMERAH PADI (THE RED RICE) by M NASIR (recorded as 95 INTERNATIONAL NIGHT VERSION for mu home tape)

78) MANUSIA (HUMAN) by SHEILA MAJID (recorded as 96 REPRISE for my home tape)

Two songs represented my new experience, performing at my university's 95 International Night event. 'MENTERA SEMERAH PADI' was the opening for our traditional martial arts dance. The song was remixed by me, adding some special effects laid on the tracks with the intro of the song 'Ulek Mayang' and Seha's 'Titi Meniti' (allowing) some opening before the actual performance took place. The song 'MANUSIA' by Sheila Majid played for fellow students showcasing Malaysian traditional outfits at the fashion show at the same event on the 5 February 1995. It was a great night.







79) CINTA ABADI (TRUE LOVE) by UJI RASHID and HAIL AMIR (list added 13 June 2011)

I was so excited about Uji Rashid's new recording. I bought the tape at a music shop on the night out clubbing with my friend. As soon as I returned home, I played the album in my room around 4.00 in the morning and listened to it on my tape player continuously until 6.30 am! What a great production. (The song is not on YouTube).





80) BREATH OF HEAVEN by DONNA SUMMER (recorded as ABDUL'S EDIT for my home tape)

It's heaven! Donna Summer's voice is just too good. It was the first Christmas CD I ordered from HMV. It took eight months to arrive. A standard holiday season CD I often play during Christmas time.







The End.


THE HISTORY

The idea for this homemade tape took place in December 1993. I selected the songs between April 1994 to June and July 1995. My first taping was in April 1995. I re-recorded it in July 1995. From my notes, the re-recording started in February 1996. As I noted, it took me twenty-eight months to complete the tape!

Well, shall I say, GET A LIFE NIK!

Finally, thank you for reading.


Dated 28 / 05 / 2011 to 31 / 05 / 2011, 1 / 6 / 2011, 6 / 6 / 2011, 13 / 6 / 2011 to 15 / 6 / 2011.

Updated on the 27th, 28th December 2023, 2nd and 9th January 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment